Thursday, January 12, 2017

Three Points on Thursday

Good afternoon my friends! I'm stopping in to tell you Studio on the Corner blog will be quiet for awhile. I wish I knew how long, but I don't know for sure. The new year always urges me to organize & refocus for the coming year, in other words get all my ducks in a row.


I'm breaking up with Blogger/Blogspot. It will likely be a slow break, after all, we've been together for 8 years! The glitches frustrate, but creating a new studio with a solid focus is something that needs doing.




Scraps, Studio on the Corner newsletter has been missing for months, but will be making an appearance in the near future. Instead of weekly, it will be a monthly newsletter with the same great features: advanced notice of SotC Etsy shop sales, inspiration, tutorials, & a freebie or 2 in each issue. A new addition may be interviews with creative souls from all walks of life. Stay tuned for the date.


Learn. It's an important word that should follow us forever. Last year a friend & I thought we'd do a podcast. We planned, bought an Ice Blue microphone, downloaded Audacity, & gave it a whirl. All went well until it was time to figure out how to get the podcast online. I struggled & eventually gave up. Well...this year I'm determined to LEARN how to do podcasts & vimeo or youtube videos. Sharing tutorials via a podcast or a video would be great.

So there you have it....why Studio on the Corner blog is about to go into sleep mode. Meanwhile, SotC Etsy shop will be open & new things will be added.  So toodles for now from me & the cat in the bowler hat. . .  See you soon with an update!  




No comments: